My Haircut

by - 7:55 PM




"I went to go get a haircut today.  Ruth wants a haircut too."  Britt said as he started to wander off.

"Focus, son, tell me about your haircut."  I said.

"Cousin Heather cut my hair.  She gave me a comb and scissors, and she did a good job.  I wore my cape today.  It had a lion, and a zebra, and an ostrich, and a hippo, and an elephant, and a monkey, and a giraffe.  I had all those animals today.  He got his hair cut, Daddy get a hair cut too.  Daddy get a hair cut.  Daddy get his hair cut too." Britt told me all matter of fact like.

"Yes, Britt I heard you." I reminded him.

"And, and, and, I didn't cry.  Nope.  I do not cry.  I'm ok.  She brushed my neck with baby powder."  He said very proud of himself.

"Did you like getting a haircut?"  I asked.

"No.  Ummm.  Yes."  Britt replied.


I'm not sure how he feels about it, but Gary said he was the best he's ever been.  He shrugged his shoulders up when she trimmed up his neck, but that he was remarkably calm and didn't cry once.  In case you've forgot what he was like, compare the 26 secs of video from seven months ago, to today's video of the same length.  He's gone from a screaming, crying, thrashing, kicking child to a child who sits by himself and even lets you put the cape on him.  It's an amazing transformation.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts