Grumps and Ahna

by - 9:07 AM

After Britt got done showing his cow, we headed up to Alabama to see Grumps and Ahna. I wanted to show a cow too, but when I snuck under the fence to get into the arena Momma caught me and yanked me back out. Maybe next year.
We spent a busy week with Grumps and Ahna. It started with pancakes, and having them all to ourselves on Saturday while Momma and Daddy caught up on sleep. Then Sunday we had church all day, but that was ok, because it means that everyone got to hold me all day long. Then on Monday, Ahna was out of school, so Grumps took off too. That day we got to play in the house, and watch movies, and go dig around in Ahna's flowerbeds. On Tuesday, we spent the whole day with Grandmother and Granddaddy's house while everyone else was at work. Granddaddy got us some ice cream that afternoon and then we went to the park. On Wednesday we went to school to visit Ahna and I had fun with everyone I met. Britt was a little grumpy, but everyone loved me. Then we went to see Momma's friend that I am named after Ashley, and her new baby. Britt decided that he wanted to take her home with him. I liked her, but I don't think I liked her that much. On Thursday we went with Grandmother to go meet Aunt Melanie and Maghen for their hair appointments. That was fun. Then that evening we went to the Park and Momma talked with Kristi and we played with her kids. On Friday we ate breakfast with Grandmother and Granddaddy and we picked up some leaves for Grandmother before Grandma and Aunt Rachel and Emily came down from Tennessee. We had fun all night, and then on Saturday went to the park and Emily read to me.

The best part of the trip was laying around in the living room floor at the end of the night and Grumps tickling us. Britt told me about this funny thing that Grumps taught him, and so I had him show me too, but I can't figure out how to do it. Sometimes Unca Benji or Unca Matt would play with us with blocks or some of the stuffed animals. And every night Ahna read to me. Sometimes Britt let her read to him to, but I got to cuddle and rock and listen to her read. I like going to Alabama to see Grumps and Ahna, and Momma promises that they will come in a few weeks to see me her.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts