Television-holics Anonymous

by - 7:00 PM

"Hi, my name is Britt."

"Hi Britt!"

"And I'm addicted to television."

Momma told me today that she did a bad thing in the last few months. She went from us watching no tt (tv) to letting me watch lots and lots of tt. Mostly I watch Pooh (Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree) and Patpul (Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar). I especially like to watch tt while I eat cacorn (popcorn) or hat ta (hot dogs). Momma says I've gotten demanding and just plan ugly when she tells me that we aren't going to watch it right now, but I like to think that I'm just very passionate and insistent about what I want. I'm not easily distracted from what I want, which Momma says will be a good trait to have one day, but right now I need to learn some patience.

Momma told me that we are going to start by cutting back on my tt habit today. I get to watch Patpul once in the morning while she feeds Rrrrrrroof (Ruth) and Pooh once in the evening while Daddy works on supper. First, I told her that I like to watch them, and that it wasn't fair. I begged for Patpul all morning, and kept telling her how I wanted to see Pooh, Ore (Eeyore), Ow (Owl), Rarit (Rabbit), Gogo (Gopher). Then, I tried to sell her on the educational value - not that I really know what that means, but Ahna talks about it when she talks about school, and it sounds important. I told her how I was learning my colors like bue and ed (blue and red) and how to count like un too tee doo, daa, doo, daa from Patpul. I reminded her that I had learned to say ralph (giraffe), cricat (cricket), moan (moon), tar (star), affle (apple), pear, and plum from watching that video. I also told her what all I had learned from watching Pooh - like bees and how they say beeeeeeeee (though Daddy says bzzzzzz), and that I got to see bloons (balloons) and umbels (umbrellas). But alas, that didn't seem to work. Momma stuck to it, and I have only seen them each once today. Momma says we are going to cure my addiction one way or another.

You May Also Like

3 random thoughts