6th Months with Britt

by - 10:29 PM

Britt,

You are 6th months old today. It is amazing to look back and see how tiny you were. I forget just how much you have grown. You are so tall now, and gaining weight. You can still wear your 3 to 6 onesies, but the sleepers have been too short for a couple of weeks now. You are stronger each day, so it seems, you can sit up by yourself with no trouble, and are leapfrogging to get around, perhaps you will be crawling proper soon. You babble at me all the time, just in a language I don't understand. You have started saying "mamamamamama" when you cry to get my attention, what a stinker. You said, "dadadadada" last Friday as well, but Daddy wasn't hear to see it, he's been working hard to try to convince you to say it when he is hear.

Daddy says your a vain child. We hold you up to your mirror in the bedroom, and you immediately start grinning and talking to yourself. I think you just like to talk to the "other baby." You are a people pleaser. Everyone seems to delight in your smily presence and you seem just as thrilled with everyone you meet. There are no strangers for you, just friends who haven't seen you smile yet. Sometimes I find it hard to believe what a good natured child you are. You still have your moments though, like refusing to share glow worm with anyone, and whining to be held on Monday after being passed around at Church on Sunday.

You are eating solids twice a day now. We did some ceral a week or so, and started you on baby food, you seem to prefer anything I make here, to what we buy in the store. You hate the store bought green beans, and find the store bought carrots to be just ok, but you love creamed corn, my green beans, my carrots, and bananas either way. In a few days we'll try some applesauce, Uncle Benji always liked that, and squash.

You are the light of my life and even on the worst days, I can't help but grin back at your little smile, and you never fail to melt my heart with your snuggly hugs. Happy 6th month birthday!

I love you,
Momma


You May Also Like

3 random thoughts