Happy 2nd Anniversary

by - 12:35 PM

My Dearest Gary Britt,


So we've been married for 2 years now, and I can't say that I've passed the point of saying to myself "Oh my goodness, I am really married to this man!" I still can't imagine living life without you, and though I'm fond of reminding you that if anything happens I am high tailing it off to Alabama I don't want to be anywhere but by your side.


I thought last year was something - going from single to married and pregnant, but this year has been even more changing. Just when I thought I couldn't love you more, we became parents. I have to say watching you with Britt the way you babble to him and make up ridiculous stories about how mean Momma is, the way you make silly faces to make him laugh, and bend over backwards to keep him from crying; all of these things make me love you even more. It's like that song that's just come out on the radio "And I Thought I Loved You Then."


Even when so many things have changed, I hope some things never change. There are the every day things. You always want a kiss before you leave for work, and as soon as you come in the door at night. You still want to come home for lunch. There are the big things. You try to send me home to see my family as much as possible. You take time to take me out once a week. There are the little surprises. Like when you bring home Reese's Cups and a Dr. Pepper after a rotten day. The way you help by washing dishes when they start piling up.

I really appreciate how even when life is going crazy and with the new challenge of a little one, that you still make going to Church meetings a priority. We don't go to as many or stay all weekend often times now, but even though it's hard to all get ready on time, and when we get there we may miss half the sermon - despite all of this, you make the effort, and I am so appreciative that even when it would be easier to just not go, that you put the Lord first.

There is so much about you that I love and respect, and even though we tease one another and for the most part don't act mushy in front of people I know that you love me too. And I would be perfectly happy to spend another 73 years with you, even though you think living to be 103 is way too long to be on this earth. I love you!


~Your dani~

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts