Thankful Heart on this Independence Day

by - 11:11 AM

Today the 4th of July is the day in which we celebrate our Independence from Britain. We thank God for the blessings of a free country where each person is free to lead their own life. There are many things that I am thankful for, but top of my list today is a thankful heart for the Amazing Grace of our Heavenly Father and the freedom that we have here in this country to worship Him for that Amazing Grace that He has shown us.

At singing school this year we had 252 in attendance and to close out services together we all sang Amazing Grace. The preschool class sang the first verse soprano only, the second verse the middle schoolers came in and sang alto also, the third verse the high school students came in and added the tenor, then the adult class came in singing all four parts on the 6th verse, and finally the entire congregation sung the unwritten verse. The final song is Mungo Ni Pendo, a Swahili song that Bro. Obey first taught some of the brethren. This song remind me that there are other Primitive Baptist just like us in Tanzania who have not been blessed materially like we have and we should be more grateful. There are three verses: 1) God is love, He loves His people, and He loves me too! 2) Jesus came to set me free that's why I serve Him! 3) I will serve Him for all my life because He set me free! Chorus) Now listen carefully to me, God is love, He loves His people.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts