3rd Grade

by - 4:26 PM


My favorite part of school this year is history.  Right now we are still studying on Egypt.  There is a lot of cutting and gluing to make cool stuff, but it's not just that.  It's not like reading or like writing, but it is like an adventure, like a nature walk but through time.  I really liked how they were very good at making symbols and paintings on the walls.  They were also good at building things like the pyramids and sphinx.  There were bad parts like they didn't worship the true God, they didn't have cars or machines.  They built everything by hand, not machines, I think it's kinda cool.

Third grade has some better stuff than the other grades.  We aren't cramping everything in to one space.  I also get some Nintendo time.  We didn't do history till second grade, so I like doing it better.  I think 3rd grade math is very interesting, more fun.  We have done measuring and perimeter, and used it today on the windows to know what size plywood Daddy should get in case there is a hurricane.  We definitely have some new stuff.  Momma is going to count our read alouds as school, not just fun time.  We are memorizing Bible verses again, and I really like that.  I'm also learning the song for Micah 6:8.  The phonic lessons are pretty easy and short, I can get use to them.  Spelling is new but it's pretty good.  Handwriting is very good.  After we say the Bible verse a few times, we have to write it.  I don't really like practicing shaping my letters, because sometimes that's not the way I want to shape it.  But maybe I like it a bit better.  Reading is ok I guess.  I have to read a book, sometimes I copy the way Momma reads it to work on the way language flows when I read.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts