Our Bedroom and Master Bath

by - 8:15 AM


Our bedroom has been more or less finished for a few weeks.  In fact it was the first room that was pretty much done.  However, I had to wait a while for Gary to get around to hanging our big roman shade and curtains, and then I needed him to hang the shelf.  Night before last, I got impatient and hung the last of the photos in this room, but don't tell him.  I want him to continue thinking that I don't do that job.  Don't worry he won't notice because he's hung so much stuff in the last 2 weeks, he can't remember where or what he's hung.  In fact tonight's to do list includes hanging more stuff.

Day
Night

This room had only one possible layout so I didn't spend alot of time trying to figure out where to place things.  (For that matter all the rooms seemed to have one place the bed would work best so there wasn't too much debate there.)  I went back and forth on room color, but Gary said he wanted a brown room, a light brown.  I was skeptical, because I'm not a huge fan of neutrals.  I like color, and brown is definitely not a pretty color.  But there was a sand-tan color on the booklet where I found all the other colors except the one for the girls' room, so I decided to go with it.  We used it in our bedroom, and in the master bathroom, (which was previously a pale purple) and our closets in the bathroom (which was previously hunter green).  We have just enough pops of red in our room to liven it up - in the bedspread, in the chairs, etc. 














One of the more time consuming projects in this room was repainting furniture.  We had black bedside tables that we bought in Indiana, and I decided to repaint them white to match my desk.  You can't see it but behind me in most of these pictures is my office space.  I'll post that when I finish it up.  Also, the previous owner left behind a large desk shelving unit in the dining room.  We disassembled it and I painted all 6 of the bookcases white.  One of them is under our tv, to hold books, and the DirectTV box and DVD player.  I have an empty space for a 31 tote that I won.  I'm planning to put it on that bottom shelf to hold some things that need a home.  I also have another 31 tote (the catch all basket) which I LOVE in the corner to hold some misc stuff.  I imagine that in a few more months it'll hold diapers and wipes for our room.  It's in the corner next to the cradle.

Before
After
I love all the grey in this room, and I really love our new shades and curtains.  The big window that lets in so much light is a real plus for that room.  But at night, there is a street light that was shining right in my face all night for a month and a half.  Gary got them hung, which obviously fixed that, but when they are down the window is still such a pretty focal point of the room.  I hung a few of my favorite pictures in our bedroom.  My favorites of the kids are near our bed, and our wedding photo is near the tv.

Before
After

After
Before
I really didn't do much in the bathroom other than painting it.  Oh, and I did take the purple inserts in the lights down and replaced it when we It is laid out really odd though.  I wouldn't have personally designed one like that, there's so much space, but it's sorta wasted space.  In fact there was so much space that I put one of the cabinets that we painted in there to hold towels.  And I even ended up hanging our photos from our honeymoon in there because it seriously was so empty and odd looking.  It's the same color scheme from our bedroom.















Our bathroom has a really deep whirlpool tub.  I've only used it a few times.  But it's nice to get in the bathtub and have the water cover my very pregnant stomach.  The cabinets around the sinks are a little odd too, since they stick out into the walk way, but they have a ton of storage in them.  That has been an issue in every house we've lived in, because we've either had very little storage in our bathroom, or even all shared a single bathroom.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts