Fish Fry

by - 10:44 AM

 This weekend we had a fish fry with the Fort Wayne Church.  We headed out to Bro. John and Sis. Leah's place.  Britt and I had so much fun playing with the grown-ups visited.  Bro. John took us around in the back of his tractor on a hayride.  He showed us all his fields, and where he normally has his duck blind, but there was no pond, because it had been so dry.  Britt mostly had fun running back and forth everytime we stopped the tractor, but Momma wouldn't let me run she said I would fall off.  I did climb off at the end when she getting down, before she could help me.  I bumped my chin a little but didn't cry and I ran off with everyone else.




 There were lots of fun things to play with.  My favorite was the rocket launcher.  I could put the rockets on, and I tried to jump on like everyone else, but it didn't work so well.  Britt and I laughed and laughed and laughed about that thing.  We had a good time playing with all the Green kids and Bro. Ralph's grandson, Paul.  Britt likes to follow Paul around everywhere, I don't have a favorite, I like everyone.




















The fish were good, but my favorite part is the hushpuppies.  I think I might have eaten five hushpuppies and just nibbled at the fish and my apples.  Everyone was really excited to have a fish fry.  Everyone either brought something or helped cook.  I think they ate almost as much fish out of the grease as made it to the table.  I was interested in what was going on, but they kept running me off, saying it was too hot around the cookers.



We ended the night with smores and a little fire.  Momma made Daddy help me with with the smores.  I could have eaten lots and lots of those, but they only let me have one.  Daddy said he doesn't even know why I like them, they are messy, and marshmallows don't taste that good.  Momma must not agree because she had one too.  Britt didn't like the marshmallows though.  I think he's crazy.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts