Working

by - 5:13 PM

Yesterday while Ruth was off playing with Wesley and Momma was baking with Sis. Lydia. I was at home with Daddy. We were having a boys day (according to Momma), and Bro. Chris came over to be with us, apparently they were having a girls day at his house. So I got to help Daddy and Bro. Chris do something really big. I got to help them put in Momma's new dishwasher. First they cut the cabinets to make room for the dishwasher, and then they swept up all the mess. Daddy let me help with the sweeping, because he knows how good I am with the broom. Next they brought the dishwasher in and hooked it all up. Brother Chris said he needed one more
part to make it work, so he went back to town. I took that chance to go take a nap, since there wasn't anything exciting going on in the kitchen anymore. Momma was very happy about it, because she gave Daddy lots of kisses when she got home. However, she didn't give me any good job kisses. Last night after supper, Momma loaded up the dishwasher and ran it for the first time. She wasn't in the kitchen very long likeusual, and read me a bedtime story for the first time in weeks. I think I like the dishwasher

already. This morning Momma, let me help her put away the dishes. I use to help her with that when we were in Gainesville, but now I don't need much help at all. Bro. Chris and Daddy are going to rebuild part of the cabinet Thursday, so that the kitchen is complete before the Fellowship Meeting. Momma is so happy about that, me and Daddy think she's a little too happy about it. It is just a dishwasher after all.

You May Also Like

3 random thoughts