Preparing for the FFM

by - 10:23 AM

The Florida Fellowship Meeting is rapidly approaching. In fact, it is now less than two weeks away. It's such a blessing to host this meeting. The teamwork of Church members in the weeks leading up to it, has a sense of urgency and unity that noticeable more than any other time of the year. Mom and Dad spend weeks figuring out the menu, fine tuning the recipes, and picking up supplies. We complete projects we had been putting off like repainting the nursery and the handicap bathroom. Brothers meet up to trim trees, re-mulch flower beds, and pick up moss. Sisters gather to roll silverware, make Cuban sandwiches, and scrub the building from top to bottom. And of course, nothing says team work like 20 of us or so putting up the tent. The whole time we are joking and laughing, and fellowshipping.


Likewise, those of us who are keeping company are giving our homes the once over. Spring cleaning come a bit early. I'm washing windows, and ironing all of Gary's dress shirts. It's the time of the year that I get down in the floor to scrub the tiles with a rag and soft scrub bleach before mopping. I have a list for Gary too, he's helping me with raking and burning leaves, preasure washing the house and shed, and anything else I think I can persaude him to do. I use to wonder as a kid why we went through this much trouble for company? I mean, was any preacher using my bedroom, going to take the time to stand on my bed, and check to see if there was dust on the top shelf? (I don't much care for dusting.) Even now I wonder if all this cleaning is so important, then why don't we keep the house this clean for family all the time? Well, now that my moment of sanity is over, I really have to go, I'm scrubbing the kitchen tiles today and then going grocery shopping.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts