Space Shuttle Atlantis

by - 5:56 PM

So guess what me, Daddy, and Momma did yesterday! We went over to Cape Canaveral to see the Shuttle launch. It was a surprise for Momma since Daddy knew she has always wanted to see a shuttle launch. We didn't realize how busy it would be silly Momma and Daddy, and since it was last minute, you had to have a ticket to get into the view station at the Kennedy Space Center. We couldn't go see all the stuff over there, Momma said maybe another time. Instead we sat next to the water in Titusville, and got to watch it take off across from us. There was so much to see there, lots of trees and waves splashing, and stuff. Before Atlantis took off, I had to eat lunch, and I really didn't want to since there was so much to see. When it got ready to take off it glowed really bright red, and then off it went. It took us nearly 40 secs to hear it, so it must have been about 14 miles away from us. Momma really liked and was amazed, but I liked the water best, it's so fascinating. It was over so fast and then I had my cup of milk and we loaded back up. It took just under 2 hours to get there, but 4 to get back, there were so many people there. It took one hour just to go 7 miles to get out of Titusville. Then we hit Orlando at rush hour and lost another hour, and I really wanted out of my carseat, I yelled but no one listened to me. Momma was really excited, and said maybe we can go again next year and take Grumps with us, cause he would really like that, and he would be fun to go with, cause he could tell me all about all the space stuff. Well it's supper time, so I have to go, but watch our movie.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts