10 months with Britt

by - 11:54 PM

Britt,

It's so hard to believe how much you have grown and how fast this year has been passing. I can't imagine how we made it without you.

You have always been a personable little man, but you have really decided what it is that you like and that you don't in the last month. You don't like veggies of any sort now, unless they we are eatting them and then you'll eat all the green beans I'll feed you. Daddy wants to hold off on table food till Christmas time, but I got news for him... you aren't going to wait that long. We've had to double your cereal in the morning because you are still hungry when we are done. On that note, my adventuresome eater has decided to boycott all cereal except oatmeal with real bananas or rice with apple flavoring. You are a real pro with your cup these days. You lounge off to the side and hold it with one hand so that you can see what I'm doing off to the other side.

I'm not sure that there is anything that you don't like to play with. Balls and my coasters are at the top of your list of favorites, and you are always dragging around either your prayer bear or the little on that Grandmother gave you. You had a real ball at Sis. Andy's the other day playing with an old barbie car and the tractor that came on Kelsey's b'day cake. I think for your b'day we are just going to ask for clothes since you have no 12 month clothes, and tell them that you like cars and tractors.

You are all but walking, I'm sure you'll be following Lilli around by Christmas. Just yesterday morning while you were standing at the tv, I called you and you took a step without holding on with anything, kept your balance, and then realized you weren't touching anything, promptly sat down and crawled to me. Rotten child. We are going to need to move things around some more soon! You love crawling on the boxes that I have to keep you from going out the front door, you lay on the shortest on your stomache and crane that neck to see Mara when she's on the far end of the porch. Anytime she walks by you grab her fur and pat her (entirely too hard in my opinion). She lets you do that a time or two, before heading off for some peace and quiet. Then you look around to see if I'm watching and pull those knees up on that box to climb out. I tell you "No, Britt" and you look around and grin and get off - at least till you think I'm not watching again. You are going to ask Santa for a screen door for Christmas.

Speaking of things you aren't suppose to be doing. You love to go over to the boxes that I have blocking you from the kitchen and dinning room, and pull out all my yarn. Every day this week I go and wash dishes for about 15 to 20 mins, and come back to yarn strung out all over the house, rolled under all the beds, wrapped around chair legs, and you sitting there with the biggest grin on your face. Rotten, I tell you.

I had a dream a few nights ago that you grinned at me, got up, and ran in the other direction, and looked all grown up. I woke up, and went to check on you, just to be sure that I hadn't been asleep for 10 years. So, when you trash my very neat house, I try very hard to remember that you will only be little so long. And laugh with you instead of beating you to death. But seriously little dude, you are going to have to start learning to pick up your messes soon. Do I look like your servant?

We all love you so much, me and Daddy, your whole family, and our Church family. The girls can't get enough of your laugh, and we hope you will always be able to find such joy and peace in life even when things are difficult.

Love,
Momma

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts