"I'm going to Alabama with a Banjo on my knee"

by - 2:07 PM

Ok, so I don't have a Banjo, but Isaac has one that I like to watch him play. However, I have been in Alabama this week. It was kinda like magic. I went to sleep on Wednesday after Church like always, and then I woke up in Georgia outside of a McDonalds. We went inside and Momma and Daddy ate, and this nice lady gave me some hot water to mix up my cerreal. Then she smiled and talked to me. Lots of little old ladies came in while we were sitting there next to the door, and most of them stopped to talk to me. Momma says I'm gonna be conceited if this keeps up, but who knows what that means.Then we got back in the car and I got sleepy. When I woke up again, we were going up and down big hills, I heard Daddy say that we were making good time since traffic was light in Atlanta. We drove through Fort Payne, Al, the home of Alabama. I knew who they were cause Daddy listens to their cds alot, besides even if I didn't know, their pictures were plastered all over the place. There we stopped and ate lunch with Sis. Shelly Allen. Then we got to go to their house where I played with Biscuit. I liked him, he was a nice dog. I crawled after him and chased him around the living room, and we kept trying to lick each other in the face, though for some reason Sis. Shelly didn't seem to like us doing that. We ate supper with them, and took a picture at there house, and then loaded back up. I told everyone that I didn't want to go back in the carseat, but they didn't listen. When I woke up again, we were at Grandmother and Granddaddy's house. I wasn't really very happy, so I got a bath, and Ahna fed me my milk, and then I went to bed. On Friday, I had more fun. Me and Grandmother and Aunt Melanie all played and Momma made me some more baby food. Then we went to Culman to watch Aunt Maghen twirl a flag in the Culman halftime show. It was my first football game, and I liked it a bunch. There were so many colors and things to see. The tuba players were really silly. We sat behind them and I watched them awhile. I liked Maghen's flags too, they were really shiny. I didn't want to go to bed when we got back to their house, but mean ol' Momma insisted. Then on Saturday morning, I got up at 6 am and decided to go and wake Maghen up. We played all morning! I got to play with their little dog Sophie too. Aunt Melanie didn't like it when Sohpie and I tried to hug on each other. Momma just laughed. Then we went to the Hurn family reunion. I was the 6th generation, and everyone made a fuss over me, cause I share my Great-Great-Granddaddy Hurn's birthday. We all ate lunch and visited. Maghen fed me, but I really wanted to eat everyone else's food but mine.

After that we drove up to Tennessee to see all the Mallards. I got really excited when I saw Emily. She's my cousin and she is almost 2 1/2. We played with my Taggie Ball, and she shared he puzzle and books with me. The best part was that we took her Taggie and covered up Grumps face and climbed all over him in the floor. I told her he was my Grumps, and she said, "NO! MY Uncle Rick!"
We spent the night in Tennessee and the next morning went over to Rutherford to hear Elder Noble Mallard preach. Uncle Nob is my Great-Great-Great Uncle and he is 87, but you wouldn't know it to see him. We had a good time visting him. We went together with all the Church members to eat lunch at a Resturant down the road. They all were so happy to get to visit with us, Momma says it's been a long time since she's been able to go to Rutherford to Church. We played at Aunt Cindy's some more, before it was time to go home. It was like magic again. I feel asleep in my car seat as we were walking out the door, and I woke up the next morning in a pallet in the floor in Benjamin's Auburn room.

On Monday I dressed up in my BEAUTIFUL Auburn stuff to go and get a free chicken sandwhich from Chick-fil-a. Ahna said that they wouldn't give one to the baby, but they did. Daddy ate most my sandwhich though, I just got a little bread. Then we went over to Grandmother and Granddaddy's and I got to play in Ahna's old rocker. She got it when she was around a year old. All the grandkids used it, and now I get to use it too. Today Uncle Nicholas has promised to finally buy me something, maybe a Halloween outfit and some toys. We also have to go by and see Ahna out at school, so I have to go now. I will keep you updated on all my Adventures!

You May Also Like

1 random thoughts