Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

This morning I was in line at the Plant City Church of God on Mud Creek Road at 7:34 to cast my vote. It was a wonderful day: cloudy, overcast, cool almost chilly even. It felt like Election Day to me. Since turning 18 I've only missed one primary, I take my right, my privilege, my duty to vote very seriously.

This is my first presidential election in Florida. It was nice to have Election weather here, made it feel more like home. I had to wait in line for an hour, a new experience for me, but it was all worth it. That warm fuzzy feeling of making my voice heard, of casting my vote, of making a difference is unlike any other feeling.

I found myself in the car explaining to Britt as we drove around town running errands afterward why it is so important to vote, and what it means. Our country is great, and I can't wait to teach him all about it. Remember to pray for our country and leaders.

4 comments:

Owl of the Desert said...

I was in line at 6:30 here in Alabama, so actually about the same time as you! :-)

When the polls opened at 7:00, the line moved pretty quickly, and I was done by 7:20.

I was beaming with excitement when I walked out. It makes me so happy to exercise my right to vote. And thankful. I probably could have skipped to my car if I wasn't in heels. :-)

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

I voted last week (to avoid long lines) and still had to wait for about 40 minutes. Overall, great experience and one I'm thankful my children are excited about too.

Kelly Spezzano said...

I am thankful for the opportunity to vote by mail this year... I didn't know if I would be in labor or not so we made arrangements to send in our ballots by mail... What a great experience that was! AND we even were given "I voted by mail" stickers! :)

When we lived in Tampa, I stood in line for two hours to vote... But as you said, what a great priviledge it is!

Anonymous said...

Britt will be eligible for his first run as president at the ripe ole age of 35 in the year 2044!

Kimberly