ORANGE

by - 8:44 PM

My mood is orange right now. Let me set up my day before I talk about why, and perhaps you will understand. This, for once isn’t a blog about what I think but about what I want you to see, hear, and feel. Ok, just work with me hear.

This morning was most beautiful. If you are anywhere in the Florence area and have not done so, you should walk around campus, pass in front of the SUB, around Bibb Graves, between the library and the castle, then across the Stephens Hall parking lot, then down by Floyd. The trees are amazing. There are these deep reds, Fire Maples, you might call them. Then there are bright, and I mean bright, yellows. There are some dark maroonish Japanese Maples. Then there are still some very green trees. The best ones and we have some of several shades on campus, are these amazing oranges. Some light, some deep, but all burning, light a passionate fire. I don’t know how long the blazing glory of God as displayed in trees will last, but for this moment there is burning passion there. It’s the perfect fall temperature, it’s the day of the year that I live for. When not only are the trees in every glorious shade of the harvest spectrum, but it is a cool breeze without being cold, and not glaringly sunny. A perfect a day as you can find. Then there is the further sound of crunch, shuffle, crunch, shuffle, CRACK, as you walk around with the leaves shuffling and crunching other foot, with the crazy acorns falling and bouncing and rolling and cracking when you step on them just so. Oh and it smelled like rain today, then it rain that light misty rain that just makes the air smell sweeter and the trees look brighter. It was amazing.

Now I am sitting on my bed, in an attempt to get a little work done, before heading home. Once again you need the whole picture. I have a bright room here at the apartment, there are two beautiful pictures of Celtic knotwork up that I have spent hours coloring, in fact one of them was on Elyow’eynay’s blogspot awhile back. Then I have several boards up full of pictures from high school and the like. Lastly on the way is a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory poster from my theatre days, next to my purple lava lamp. Then I have a really bright blanket on the bed that I made, to round out the warm, happy room. So I’m sitting here with note cards and books for the thirty page paper, everywhere. I have out some veggies, good bread and herbs from the Italian restaurant in town, and a glass of wine. It’s a nice mellow productive sort of night.

So my mood today is orange, a burning firey passion. I see the Lord everywhere I look, and feel his presence. I’m not sure how long my productive mood will last, but I’m working hard.

Wish me luck, (or as I prefer blessings) as I get ready to go to North Carolina Chapel Hill tomorrow, I’ll be back late Thursday night or Friday morning early. It’s going to be a 10 hour drive. Yeah! I will also attempt to get some pictures up from Ren Faire soon.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts