It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

by - 9:20 PM


By popular request I thought I'd share some of our decorating photos.  Decorations went up here about a month ago now.  Since Rebecca got to stay over in Alabama, her conditions were that she got to help put up the Christmas tree here first, and that her elf would meet her in Alabama.  So, for once I decorated way ahead of Thanksgiving.  Something I never do.  I moved things around a bit this year.  Last year I set up our dining room table differently than I normally do, but this year I went back to my old standby.  Everything else I changed up.












Adding a new stocking to the fireplace this year.  I'm out of hooks for my sign.  I ended up taking some old shower curtain hooks and hanging them with that.  Gary keeps meaning to check at the shop on the farm and see if they have some scrap metal to bend me some hooks to match the dark metal that I have, but he's not gotten around to it yet.  I don't have the tree up by the fireplace this year, it's in the window.  Which of course meant I moved all the living room furniture around.  I miss actually looking out the window from my chair during the day, but I do like how it looks walking around the room, and it allowed me to keep our thankful tree up a while longer.














Instead of having the Christmas tree plug in to the outlet that the light switch works, I plugged in the Christmas lights that wrap around the fireplace.  Turned out nice.  Last year the elves brought the kids an elf door, and me they brought this cute little sign, so it's a new addition.


My manager isn't by the tv this year, but on the ledge between my window and living room.  I thought about getting a little creche from Walmart for it, but waited too long, because they are already out.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm brave enough to paint them.  I think they'd be so much prettier painted up.


If you are on facebook, you'll already know that the elves decorated the side door in our bedroom earlier in the week.  I think it turned out really nicely.  The kids have their trees up in there room, and we put the spinning light on the back porch, which they have been flipping on in the evenings when they play out there.  We've been out front a bit this week, so I'll share some outside pictures in another post some other time.  Merry Christmas!




You May Also Like

0 random thoughts