27 Weeks with Cunningham Baby #3

by - 10:59 AM

Today marks 27 weeks with this little one.  I'm still feeling like we are having a girl, and we are no closer to a name than we were before we started this.  Gary has added several names back to the list, and the name I'm leaning toward, I've decided that I don't really like any middle names with it, except the one that Gary can't stand.  Coming up with names are one of the highlights to pregnancy in my opinion, but this time around we just can't seem to decide on anything.

I was able to get in and see the Chiropractor this past week.  I'm so glad that my doctor referred me over there.  She was surprised that I was walking and moving as well as I was, because my hips really had no movement at all in the back.  She didn't suspect pelvic dysfunction like the doctor initially did, but she thinks most of my problem is that one of my vertical ligaments in my belly (not the round ones) hasn't stretched out, but is compressed around my pelvic bone.  That's why I predominately feel baby really low and toward one side.  It also might explain why this one doesn't seem to move around as much.  She talked with the doctor's office, and gave me some exercises to do and is going to work on it.  They think they can take care of it, and give baby more room to move and turn head down, which should help take some of the pressure off my hips.  After the first appointment, I was a bit sore, but already had more movement than before.

As we are ending the second trimester and starting on the third, our baby weighs around 2 lbs and is 14 inches long - about the size of a head of cauliflower   I'm feeling more movement.  Not just first thing in the morning, and late at night, but off and on throughout the day.  This baby seems to nap around 9 or 10 in the morning, get active again right before lunch.  Then she naps and is quite again around the time that one of the kids is napping early afternoon.  She also has hicups regularly each night around 10.  She also responds to Britt's voice.  He puts his hands on my belly and leans over to talk to her, according to him "She gives me high fives!"

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts