Flying in the Big Plane

by - 10:29 PM


I've been waiting forever to fly in the big plane.  For the last week I'd ask Momma if we could fly today, and she would say, "No, on Thursday.  What is today."  First it was Friday, and then it was Saturday, and then it was Sunday, and then it was... Momma says that's enough you already know your days of the week.  Last night I was so excited I could go to bed.  Momma said after supper if I would go to bed, when I woke up we would go and get on the big plane.  So I got in bed at 7, and Ruth did too, but we couldn't go to sleep.  Momma woke us up at 3:45 in the morning.  It the first time she's let me get up before the sun gets up.  We got dressed and got in the car and headed to the big plane.  Ruth and I talked and laughed the whole way.

When we got there first we had to check our luggage.  The guy beside us went first, and they took his bags and put them behind them, and they went away.  I told the lady helping us, "You can't take my things!"  She told me that they would go in the belly of the plane and ride under our feet.  Momma told me that she was helping us so that we didn't have to carry everything to the plane by ourselves.  I let her take our stuff, but I watched her.  I was not excited about our bags moving away by themselves though.

To get to the plane we had to ride a train.  That was really exciting.  I wanted to ride it some more.  I told Momma we should just ride a train all the way to Alabama.  She told me that she had looked at AmTrack but they don't have trains to Alabama where we want to go.  We got off and went through the line.  This lady asked my name and kept asking if I was Elisha.  I didn't like her so I didn't talk to her.  After she let us go by I ran off and then yelled back, "My name not Elisha.  It's Elisha Britt Cunningham!"  After that we all had to walk through a metal detector.  Momma and Daddy had to take their shoes off, but me and Ruth didn't.  I wasn't happy that they put the rest of our bags on another table to move away without us, but Daddy told me that they would look at them and let us have them back on the other side of the table.  I didn't like them moving away by themselves either.

When we finally got to the plane.  Daddy showed me which plane I would ride.  He showed me the guy putting gas in the plane, and where they had our suitcases.  I liked it.  Daddy had to go and catch his plane, but then it was time for Momma, Ruth, and me to get on.  I picked out seats near the back, over half the plane was empty.  I sat down by the window and Ruth in the middle and Momma on the aisle.  I watched us go faster and faster and then we were in the air, I clapped and cheered.  It was so exciting.  I saw cars and the road, and we flew over water and trees.  We saw the sun come up in the clouds in the air.  The nice ladies on the plane came and talked to us a couple of times, and they let us choose between apple and orange juice.  When we said apple, they brought us two big cans.  It was very exciting on the plane.  They even had a funny looking bathroom.  At first I thought the plane was too loud, and I covered my ears and shouted at Momma "Cover your ears!" but she wouldn't do it.  As we got ready to land, we came back down through the clouds and there was a river under us.  I told Momma "We can't land in the water!"  She said we wouldn't, but I wasn't sure after all the lady had told us about a water landing, and showed us a yellow floaty thing around her neck.  When we landed we bounced a little bit.  I cheered again and told Momma, "I like this ride.  Lets go again!"

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts