5th Anniversary

by - 9:30 PM

My Dearest Gary Britt,

Today, marks five years together.  I still think that you are the best part of my day, and I'm so glad that we found each other.  I never get tired of cuddling, even if you claim I'm smothering you.  While you can never be serious when I want you to be, I must confess about half the time I'm laughing to myself.  It's looking like this long period of joblessness is almost over.  Your calm assurances, and light heartedness has kept us going, and when we couldn't laugh it off, you were always there to cuddle and cry with.

The more we are in this thing called marriage the more I realize, that while it's great to have someone to share all of my joys with.  The best part is being able to lean on one another in the hard times, when things aren't peachy.  Someone who was willing to cook all the meals when I was pregnant and couldn't even walk in the kitchen without getting sick.  Someone who was willing to get up with the kids in the middle of the night when I hadn't had any luck.  Someone who was willing to do a little cleaning when I was sick.  You're the most giving, self-sacrificing person I know.  Always finding ways to make something special happen for me or the kids.

I love you more and more each day, and continue to be amazed that you haven't decided that I'm not worth the trouble and sent me packing.  Each day that we keep going in this crazy world is a little miracle as far as I'm concerned.  I hope to spend many more days with you, after all I plan to make it to our 75th anniversary... only 70 more to go.

I love you,
your dani


You May Also Like

1 random thoughts