Things I Can Do

by - 10:20 AM

Momma said that I should tell you about some of the things that I can do know, that I am getting big and strong. I helped get ready for Christmas, I tried to put balls on the tree, but they wouldn't stay on. Britt and I also undecorated the tree almost every morning. We just thought the ornaments should be moved... and moved often.
I can get Daddy to do almost anything for me these days. I just cry a little and lift my hands in the air and he comes swooping in to the rescue. I don't have to say a word, and I don't. When I want to go to be rocked to sleep I go and find Momma, but Daddy is who I go to when I want to play or I'm hurt.
Momma says it's hard to get a good picture of me these days because I'm getting so fast. I can almost keep up with Britt. They make fun of my little waddly walk, but I'm short and sash-shay when I walk. I'm running a little bit now, especially when I'm trying to catch up to someone or go to fetch a toy that I want.
I can understand most everything that I'm told. If Momma asks me if I'm ready to go to bed, I waddle to our room, and I pull my blanket out of the crib and sit there or lay there and wait for her to come and put me in bed. I can put up almost all of my toys, and I know where my shoes and diapers are and can fetch them and bring them to Momma when she asks for them.
I can climb up on the couch and back down. I can climb most steps, though I'm still very cautious. It's increasingly difficult for Momma and Daddy to keep things out of my reach. I still like to climb up on the hearth to the fireplace, but my favorite place to sit is in the little rocker. However, everytime Momma comes over with the camera I get out of the rocker, and try to steal her camera.
Grandmother and Ahna have remarked about how much my hair has grown. Momma tries to stay on top of my hair more and more these days, my bangs are in my eyes now when ever she doesn't have a bow or headband in there. It's also starting to get kinda curly in the back, so Momma doesn't plan to cut it any time soon.
I'm a real pro at upwrapping presents, I'm even faster than Britt. Daddy says if you don't watch me I can shred anything in a matter of seconds. I love to swing and slide, and I'm loving our new play set. As busy as I stay I still have my cute little rolls.
While I haven't figured out how to push my riding car around, I still spend all my time awake with my favorite brother. Sometimes he's still too rough, and he's all the time stealing my toys from me. But I love to go where ever he goes and try to do whatever he does. I love him.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts