From the Mouths of Babes

by - 9:41 AM


Momma says I should share some of the memorable things I've said over the last few weeks, so I here it goes...

I spend 75% of my day yelling, "Come on, baby Ruth. Come on, Ruth. Come oooonnnnn, baby Ruffie!!!" I drag Ruth every where with me. She's a good wingman.

Every time we get into the car I am convince that we are going to either "church, e-maw's house, or to town." When we go to town I know it means that "Alright! We are going to Brudder Chris's house" or we are going to the "ocery store for a cookie!" Every time we get back home and start pulling down our dirt road, I'm convinced we are finally at "emaw and Mister's house!"

For over a month I've been insisting to anyone who asks that it's "Joey the Snowman". Then while we were looking at Christmas lights last week Momma pointed and said, there's Joey. I laughed and her and said, "No, that Fwosty tha Snowman."

Momma says I only have two answer to everything. I either say "ohhhhh, okay" (to which Momma somehow always seems to know, I don't have a clue what she means) or I say "Or not" (Momma says it's smartalecky but sometimes I catch her grinning).

Daddy says it's even more annoying the way I randomly insert into every conversations "sisteenmoredays". Which they finally figured out was me saying sixteen more days. I've been saying this ever since before Thanksgiving when Momma told it was sixteen more days until we go to Alabama. She's been counting down the days with me until Christmas, but I'm still insisting it's "sisteenmoredays".

Today Momma got upset and was crying and I climbed up in her lap, and brushed her hair with my comb, and asked her "What's wrong, Momma. Why you cryin?" She gave me a big hug and laughed. She's so confusing, but Daddy says all women are.

Speaking of Daddy, he likes our Netflicks. He'll pick a show and watch all the episodes from every season, before he picks a new show. I can tell by the music when he's watching "Daddy's music". He was watching "Deep Space 9," now the music changed, and Momma says it's called "How I Met Your Mother".

Maybe Daddy's favorite story though is how I sing at the top of my lungs. Momma says it's made up words, but she just doesn't understand me. Daddy says I'm a note behind him, and sometimes it throws him off. But I know that they laugh because they are so happy that I like to sing with them at Church. After every song I always tell Momma "That's a GREAT song, Momma. Great song!"

Momma says her favorite thing I say is that I randomly come up, crawl up in the chair by her, snuggle up against her, throw my arms around her and say, "Momma. I wuv you! I wuv you, Momma." Then when she hugs me back, and says "I love you, Britt." Then I whisper, "I wuv you, too Momma."

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts