37 Weeks

by - 5:02 PM

We are officially full-term! In the few weeks (or days) left before we deliver, Ruth might add up to 14 grams of fat a day. At the same time, some of my amniotic fluid is starting to be reabsorbed by my tissues, slightly decreasing the fluid around your baby. It makes it feel as though she is moving less, but actually they tell me she's just as active as before.


As everything stretches, more light will permeate my belly, and she will move her eyes toward it. Her other senses are also getting better and stronger. She can hear and recognize mine and Gary's voice. Once she's born she'll turn her head in our direction when she hears us speak. She knows her Momma and Daddy already! Her fingers are also becoming more coordinated. She can grasp her face or toes. And after birth she'll be able to tightly grab a finger.

It's harder than ever to get comfortable enough to sleep any at night, let alone well. I can't wait to see what she looks like and to see how she acts. And hopefully we will be able to see all of that very soon. At our check up today we were at station -2, 40% effaced, and dialated to a 3 1/2 maybe 4. She then stripped my membrance in hopes that I'll go into labor in the next few days. It has definately made for stronger more frequent contractions, lets hope it does the trick.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts