Happy 3rd Anniversary

by - 8:31 AM

My Dearest Gary Britt,


Today makes 3 years of marriage for us. In some ways I can't believe that we have only been married for 3 years, I tell you all the time and it's still true, it just seems so right the two of us that it seems like we've always been together. I really cannot picture life without you. You are the calm factor in the house, while I am freaking out and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. You are the one that reminds me to slow down and enjoy the little moments when the house is a mess and supper is running way late. You are by far the level headed one.


Life is changing yet again for us, though I suppose that life is always changing. We have gotten moved and semi-settled in Gainesville. You are getting into the swing of classes, and we are starting to get some symbalance of routine back in our lives after so long of no work and no direction. Only to throw it all up in the air again in two short months when the next child arrives. Who needs routines anyway, we like things exciting and unpredictable right?

There aren't enough words to tell you just how much I love you, and how I've come to depend on you. Not only are you calm underfire, but you are the world's best cook, Britt's biggest playmate, and the most enthusiastic song leader - all while taking care of us. You are sweet, gentle, and incredibly patient with me. I love you for many reasons, not just because you are such a devoted father and husband, but because of who you make me. You make me want to try harder, do more, and be better. You help me remain calm... well calm-ish, you remind me that things don't have to look perfect in the house, and you ALMOST make me interested in cooking. Haha.

I know this next year will have a new set of challenges for us. Perhaps the biggest one will be balancing time for us together with school, a new baby, and the millions of things we always have to do. But I know that we will make it through and it'll make for some good stories, just like the ones from this past year. I know that because, you always too much importance on me and Britt, and things of the Lord to let this family fall through the cracks. You are the strong and steady one, and I love you for that. All I can say, is that all those other women who passed you by, really missed out on a wonderful man and I hope we get tons more years together. I love you!

~Your dani~

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts