Catching up, new layout, and 35 Weeks

by - 12:16 PM

Well, we are back after a week without a power cord for the computer. I had lots of great ideas for post last week, such as one on the weekend meetings we attended and Ruth's 34 week post. Britt says he was going to blog about dancing and hanging out with Memaw and Mister. But I'm not sure about posting all of those things now.

I got on today and discovered that our old background was deleted, so I decided to go ahead and change over the blogspot, to some stuff I had picked out for after Ruth arrives. Eventually the header will have some real pictures, but I don't have any yet, so for now you will have to admire our stick person, personas.

Today makes 35 weeks for Ruth. She should be over 5 lbs now around the weight of a honey dew melon. According to the midwives, from now on I'll be considered full term. I think that's earlier than what the doctor's office told me with Britt, but it's good to know that if she does come early that everything should be just fine from here on out. That's because surfactant is beginning to line her lungs making it possible for her lungs to stay open with each breath. At our last doctor's appointment last week, Lauren told me that she is pretty sure that Ruth is head down, and she agreed with me that Ruth is a long child, since she found a foot partially under a rib. She is beginning to shed her lanugo and thicken up her vernix instead, aka she's shedding the light hair all over her body that kept her warm all this time for the waxy like substance that will help her slide out easier.

In between my refills of phenagren last week I had the nasty surprise that yes, I do still have morning sickness. Thankfully, I got that phenagren refilled. I'm exhausted alot now, more so than before and sleep alot. I go to bed when Britt does some nights and I'm taking naps with him about half the time too now. Some of that I'm sure is that I'm not sleeping more than a few hours at a time at night now, and some of it is just being in that home stretch. The sleep deprivation after Britt was born was the worst part of the whole new baby period, but right now that would be an improvement from the lack of sleep I'm getting right now. Let's just say that Britt gets lots more freedom of behavior lately and we watch alot of movies and put lots of music cds in the dvd player right now.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts