Matthew's Graduation

by - 9:02 PM

Matthew told me when his graduation would be a few months back, and I told him that we would try to come, but I couldn't promise him. When we found out that Mother's surgery would be the following Monday, I told Gary I wanted to go home for the weekend. He told me that we could swing it so home I went. While we were there Britt was finally able to meet Rachel, Emily, and Grandma.

Emily was facinated with him. The first time that she held him she was surprised that he was heavier than her baby dolls she didn't want to hold him anymore. She decided that she wanted to hold Britt though, and kept hugging on him. She'll be 2 next month, so I told her to tell her momma that she wants her a baby just like him. After graduation we went to eat and then over to see the lions and Emily really loved that!

It was very exciting to see my little brother finally graduate. Matthew was always bookish (much like me) and not overly popular outside a few good friends (much like me), however during college he really began to shine (totally NOT like me). He took part in the honor's program, got involved in a few honor fraternities on campus, was a member of the Student Government Association, and participated in each play on campus either by acting or designing costumes. He managed to do all this, which makes me dizzy to think about, and graduate with honors.
Life has had it's ups and downs for Matthew and I miss being there for him. Please pray for him, as he tries to find his place in the world, and determine what it is that he wants out of life.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts