Excitement

by - 12:28 PM

"Come and Play with Me"I confess I'm getting more excited by the day about this baby. I am going over and over the budget: what can be cut, what can't, where we can make more money, saving for the hospital bills, college, daily expenses. I am mentally rearranging the entire house: what can't stay in the baby's room, what can, where we are going to put stuff that can't stay there, what else has to move in order to make room for that stuff. I am mentally and actually child proofing things: where are the plug covers, that chess set cannot possibly stay there, how easier are those bookcases to tip over, where are the child locks for the kitchen cabinets, are the cleaning stuffs out of reach. I am told that this is all completely normal, and it even has a fancy word - nesting. All I can say is poor Gary, if he has to continue to put up with the questions from me and more for the next 5 months, he might go crazy. I had a great time with my family in Alabama last week. I just wish I could stay for ever, or have more oppertunities to see them. In reality I know I will see them less after the baby is born because we won't have the money to fly or drive up there as often, and they won't have anymore vacation type to come visit than they already have. I just don't like thinking that they won't be a daily part of my kids lives. Needless to say, I've been overly emotional lately. While I was home though, we were able to spend some good quality time together. Mother and I went to town almost everyday, on Friday we went and looked at all the baby clothes in Decatur. About every 15 mins, Mother would say, "If I knew it was going to be a girl I would get this dress." I'm expecting about 15 dresses from her after we find out it's a girl, haha. On Saturday we went to Lowes with Daddy and while he was getting paint and stuff for the laundry room, Mother and I looked at baby decorating books. On Sunday afternoon, the three of us went to Babies R Us and started looking through the stuff I had picked out on my registery. I wanted her approval and thoughts, we also picked out a few more things that I hadn't decided on. On Monday morning, Grandmother and Mother and I all went looking for maternity dresses for church, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find dresses, I guess pregnant women don't go to church, or if they do, they wear pants or dresses that are entirely too short. That afternoon Aunt Melanie and Maghen joined me in the hunt and we where pleased to find 3 great dresses, 2 dress shirts, and 4 sleepers for the baby. On Tuesday, Grandmother and I went back to town and found another dress, a skirt to go with the tops from the day before, and 2 sleeping gowns (or now they call them sleep sacks) for the baby. On Wednesday and Thursday we just visited and spent time together. It was great to be home. My first baby gift that I got was from Abby, a great friend from back home, she knitted me a little sweater/top in cream with brown trim that will look good for a boy or a girl. I was so impressed! So now I have a little jacket/sweater/top thing, 4 sleepers, and 2 sleeping gowns. I can't wait to find out what we are having in about a month and start painting!

You May Also Like

4 random thoughts