Home for the Holidays...

by - 4:33 PM

I couldn't begin to list all the things that I'm grateful for, Linda I believe tried, but I'm not even going to. However this year more than ever I have many things to be thankful for. For the first Thanksgiving ever I have this pretty, amazing and loving husband. Also, being so very far from home I have learned the hard way just how close I was to my family, and how very hard it is to be away from them.


Like Chris this is my very favorite holiday. For one thing it is the only day that we as a country recognize is a day to thank our Lord for all his many gifts. For another thing, time with family is always time well spent. Finally, unlike Christmas with my Dad's family there aren't a dozen (give or take) grandkids asking the eternal question... "When can we open presents?"

This year, the holiday was even sweeter as I traveled home with my hubby by my side, and got to see my newest cousin for the first time. Little Emily Lynn was born three weeks before our wedding. If she had been four weeks, Emily and Rachel would have come to the wedding. She has the biggest prettiest eyes I have ever seen! She was very much in high demand, among all of us cousins not to mention her many aunts and uncles. I did have her long before Benji, my youngest brother took her, then Mother some how managed to keep her all through supper, before Matthew, one of my other brothers took her.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
However, Emily wasn't the only new face this year. Matthew brought his girlfriend, Kat. They have been friends for some time, and I have been excitedly waiting for them to start dating. She has been coming to church with him some and asking alot of questions, so maybe that's a good sign. Also, it was the first time for me to meet Billy, Grandma's fiance' it sure is good to see her so happy. Finally we had a ball playing Pictionary, Balderdash, and Gestures. Here's some pictures of Gary and I playing, with Benji laughing hysterically.
The best part of all is that all the Grandkids were here. It's the first holiday in a while that we were all home, no small feat as there are 12 of us living everywhere from D.C. to Florida.

You May Also Like

2 random thoughts