He's My Husband!

by - 10:37 PM

November 4, 2006, I received a message from a Gary on myspace. He had posted a meeting that his church was having in November on the Primitive Baptist Friends Group Page. I had replied in the group comments that I liked the preacher that he would be hearing. On November 4, I received my first personal email from him and I replied.

“Well you are more than welcome to come to Florida it would be great. Oh I forgot to introduce myself. I am Gary C********* I am a member of Little Union in Lithia Fl which is about 45 minutes from Tampa. Hey you might know a friend of mine his name is Elder James Allen he just moved up to Alabama to pastor a church in Alabama. He was a member of our church before. I cannot remember the name of the church right now something like Pilgrim's rest maybe. So where in Alabama are you from? I have been to some places like Vestavia, Holly Pond, even the capital when Elder Hunt was Governor there. Well talk to you later.

In Christian Love,

Gary”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It's nice to meet you! My name is Danielle M******, and I'm a member of Elgin's Crossroads, in a very obscure place in North Alabama. Elder Randy Dillon is our pastor. I believe I heard Brother James preach earlier this fall at the Mount Zion Association. Pilgrim's Rest may be where he is at, I'm not recalling off hand either. Unfortunately I waited too long to request off at work, and they made the schedule up early so alas, I won't be able to come. I really enjoy Brother Adam. In any event I'll be praying for ya'll's meeting.

dani”

I never would have imagined that a year later we would be happily married and in Florida. The Lord certainly moves in mysterious ways. I thank Him daily for the blessing that Gary is in my life. He is unlike anyone I’ve ever met. He takes so very seriously the commandment that the Lord gives that husbands are to love their wives as Christ did the church. He takes care of me and cares for me in a way no one else ever has. He is simply amazing.

Like all people he has his faults: the way that he lays wet towels on the bed, the floor, or on my wooden chairs even though I tell him everyday to just hang it up; the way that dirty socks always seem to end up on the coffee table next to his drink; the way he hates on the cat. He’s not perfect, but he sure seems close to me. He knows all of my faults in detail and I was very frank. However, he loves me for who I am, not who I’ve been.

The most amazing thing to me is that there was a time in my life that I almost walked away from the church, and if I had of one of the joys I would have missed out on in life is marriage to a good man. I can’t believe sometimes just how stupid I was in the past.

However, he is my husband and no one else in the galaxy can say that! So here’s to you honey and our first year together. I hope that I can spend the rest of my life with you.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts