Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hummorous After Dinner Conversation...

(I'm cleaning off the table after dinner while Gary is polishing off his last biscuit.)

Me: "Oh honey, you might want to take a look at this. My student loan people want their money back."

Gary B: "Ok."

(He starts to read and all of a sudden burst into laughter.)

Gary B: "Congratulations! You now have to work for a living for the rest of your life!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I got a letter from the student loan people today, and no joke it says in big, bold, 20 point font Congratulations! Then underneath that it says at I have the exciting and important responsiblity to repay my student loans. No joke in those words.

Maybe I should start looking for another few classes to take, huh?

3 comments:

strem said...

Welcome to the club! (That's a very funny letter. Mine have never said anything like that.)

lydia said...

Wow, talk about encouraging!

Owl of the Desert said...

They can be very clear and precise when they want to be, huh?

As Strem said, "Welcome to the club!"

:-)