Jessie Jane and Woody

by - 12:32 PM

I can't remember what time this story took place, but it was out west in the desert of Texas.  Our star is Jessie Jane in a small town called Tumbleweed.

I went to town for buckets and potatoes, when I bumped into this cowboy.  His name was Woody Williams, and he seemed to be lost.  He asked me where was the Yeehaw Ranch.  So I told Woody to take two rights then a left, and then go straight from then on.  So I get back to the farm, and for some reason, Woody wasn't at Yeehaw Ranch, but at my farm.  So I decided to jump behind the bushes and not let him see me.  He asked my Momma, "Where is Jessie?"

She told Woody that I was in town looking for potatoes and buckets to milk the cows.  That I wore my hair red with a yellow bow in it.  He then knew who I was and ran back to town.  While he was gone I gave her the potatoes and buckets for milk.  When I was about to go Woody came back.  This time there was no point in hiding because he had already seen me.  I wondered what he wanted.  "Jessie we need you down in the South part of Texas.  Will you come with me?"  He asked.

"Maybe"

He told me to decide by morning, because they were moving out by then.  By the next morning I had decided to go with Woody.  We got on horses and set out at 6:30, and grabbed some breakfast on the way.  It felt like we rode for miles, and miles.  You could see houses and buildings in the distance, but it didn't seem to matter how long we rode, they never got any closer.  After hours it was finally lunchtime.  Luckily there was an oasis so we took a break.  We jumped in the water, and picked some berries to eat.  After we got more water, our horses and us were nice and refreshed, then we climbed back on their back and set off again.

The sun was setting, and it felt like we had been traveling for days even though we hadn't.  Finally the houses got really close, and I knew we were there.  Woody and I made our horses run as fast as they could into town.  He showed me where the stables where so I tied up the horses.  So me and Woody slept in his house.

The next morning I found out why I was needed.  Woody was the sheriff and that was really surprising.  They needed someone to herd cattle and keep the wolves away, because they kept attacking the town.  I knew all about cows and how to keep wolves away.  So, I took the job.  That night I had to stay up late, because we heard the wolves.  I put torches everywhere I could by the cattle pens, and by the houses.  I told everyone to put candles in the windows.  Finally, that night the wolves came into the town, but they were searching, not for cows and meat this time, but for something else.  Because I hid to see what they would do.  They didn't mess with the meat shops, and passed by the cows.  So I followed them to see what they would do.  I followed them all the way to the edge of town, where the horses were.  "So they must be after the horses," I thought.

So I grabbed two of the torches.  I threw one in front of them and when they tried to turn back I through the second one behind them.  Once I got them surrounded by flames, I called Woody, "Yoodle-a-ee-who!"

So Woody came in his pajamas with a sleeping hat on.  I was surprised, he told me he would wait up all night for my call.  So guess what he did then?  As the fires burned out, Woody signaled something to the roof tops, and nets fell on top of the wolves.  The next day, we took the wolves really far away to the oasis we had seen.  Then we raced back to the town as fast as we could, making sure they didn't follow us.  Instead of going back to Woody's house though, we went back to my house.  I told Momma all about the wolves, the long journey and the oasis.  Momma secretly took a picture of me and Woody.  I just found this out, and here is the picture.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts