Friday, October 17, 2008

What I've Learned from my father...

If you haven't already heard I'm writing some for Jeremy Saber on his website. Most of what I write over there, probably won't be cross posted over here. Please check out Jeremy's site if you haven't already. I posted my first article this morning, so go check it out as well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ve learned alot from my father, over the years. It took me along time to realize that he is undoubtably the wisest man that I know. I went through a time, like alot of teenagers do, where he was crazy, outdated, and hopeless. But the older I get the wiser he gets, or perhaps I just understand more about what was already there.

One of the best things that Daddy did for the four of us kids was to teach us a good work ethic. I can’t recall long lectures growing up about how we were suppose to work, or when, or even that the reason to work hard is because ultimately our master is Christ. I do remember long Saturday afternoons working in the yard dragging tree limbs out to the street after we had over 60 pines cut out of our 1 acre lot.

To read the rest click here...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! It is amazing when we finally realize all the stuff our parents spent years trying to teach us. It is amazing to realize that their rules and reasons for doing something were not to make us miserable or to be the rulers of us. But that all along they were shaping us into young men and women who would be able to survive in this world.

Great job!
BBS Kimberly
P.S. LOVE the do!

Dani said...

I do want to go on record as that being my actual hair. In 7th grade I didn't have a perm, it was just that curly.

Owl of the Desert said...

That was a GREAT post. I love the way you wrote and really brought out at the end of each paragraph the lesson you learned. It's amazing when we go back and examine small things like working in the yard on a Saturday all the invaluable lessons we learned without even realizng it at the time.

I'm not sure how to comment on Jeremy's website. It looks like you have to have a username and password different from the blogspot world. Can you give me some help on how to comment on there?

Dani said...

Owl,

There is a space to fill in what username, or name you want to show up for you so you would fill in Owl of the Desert.

Then there is a space to fill in your blogspot or website address, once again for ya'll it would be http://sweethomeal.blogspot.com/. What that does is make your name an active link like it automatically is on blogspot so that others can then see where your home blog is.

Finally you fill in your email address. This doesn't show up as public, it just verifies for Jeremy that you are a legit person and I suppose would enable him to contact you if he needed to.

Owl of the Desert said...

Great! Thanks for the help!