UNC at Chapel Hill

by - 11:38 PM

Finally the long promised post with pictures from the trip my dad and I took up to the University of North Carolina. It was a trip of epic proportions. Ok maybe not quite. It was a very long trip in a very small car with lots of textbooks.

The best part about doing this trip at the beginning of November was the color in the trees. I love trees as we all know. So the best part of the trip was really in East Tennessee. We took several pictures but the entire trip was rainy and misty so few of them show the color very well. This one would be an example, Daddy took it at the little rest stop right before you get to Chat. He was all excited because now he has a picture of everyone right here with in a few months span. The trees in North Carolina weren't as pretty. There was lots and lots of yellow, but very little orange and red. You know they don't have an over abundance of maples.


I got to talk to some professors, sit in a class, wander around campus, soaking up the sights and sounds. Boy is it a beautiful college. In fact Daddy decided that's where I am going because it is so very pretty. Of course for me there is the additional historical value and beautiful historical buildings on campus. UNC was the first public college in the nation, and still has the oldest public school building. Originally built in 1793 as a dorm and classroom. It was expanded in 1822, and today is a working dorm building. Cool huh? There was the most beautiful library, which houses the largest collection of Southern manuscripts in the world. We also hung out by the old well, which in reality is looking more like a fountain these days and tasting nothing like well water. Also Daddy discovered what I have dubbed the world's largest sundial. I don't know if it is but it looks big to me. It was also on perfect time the day were were there. I had a few more pictures, but alas, blogspot isn't letting me add anymore. Maybe at a later date. Night all.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts