BLUE

by - 3:34 AM

Ok, so orange didn't last all that long. Last weekend there was this beautiful bright red tree in my neighbor's yard, and he was flying the Alabama flag in front of it and I thought on the way to work I need to get a picture of it tomorrow. For those of you who don't know our flag is a white banner with a red X, meaning never surrender. In any event the red on white framed with the towering red tree was gorgeous. But alas when I got home this week, all the leaves were gone. In fact there is no color left at all in Decatur. There has been some hoarfrost on my car in the last few weeks when I leave work, just hard enough for me to get my rotten political science textbook out of the car to scrap off the window. Not tonight. Tonight we had the hard stuff, I sat in the car for seven minutes, singing at the top of my lungs every good song that I could think of that we didn't sing this morning in church, while waiting on the car to defrost. It's sad really, everything at night now is in varying shades of blue, with a little white moonlight and black shadows. It's beautiful don't mistake me, but at the same time I miss the bright happy fall colors.

You May Also Like

4 random thoughts