Christmas Time Blessings

by - 11:09 PM


This view is even more special this year than in years past. We have been through unemployment at Christmas time but the kids were mostly too young to notice that they had a few presents from the grandparents and that was it. After 5 months of unemployment and eating through our emergency fund I had just resigned myself to another such Christmas. I know and they know it isn't about gifts but I do so enjoy watch them open them and really spoiling them once a year, since money is always so tight. And I felt bad that this was just one more thing that Covid was going to ruin for them this year. I knew some would be disappointed and take it well, but a couple wouldn't do as well. I was trying to figure out what we could do for nothing, after all in the grand scheme of things this was minor. We have food and still have the house. We aren't yet behind on any bills. When someone at Church reached out and told me to still let them make a list that the Church wanted to do Christmas for them. Other than a couple of things that they found for each other everything under this tree was a gift of love from our Church family. It is humbling and yet makes me feel like the most loved people out there. These people who also gave us a huge baby shower to get ready for the twins, and have helped us with expenses here and there. Rebecca looked at the tree last night after I had wrapped everything and said, "We have never had so many big presents! This is going to be the best Christmas ever!" It is, just not for the reason she thinks.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts