I'm on the Naughty List, yeah!

by - 6:57 PM

It's the coldest Christmas Eve in history and a poor family is out of coal for their furnace.  The only child in the family has 24 hours to get on the naughty list.

It is the coldest Christmas ever and we are out of coal.  Do you know how bad that is?  So that means, since I'm the only child in the house, I have to find a way to get from the top of the nice list (which is where I am) all the way down to the naughty list.  I only have 24 hours!  But I don't want to be bad.

So first, I guess I'll draw on the walls.  But I'll only do it with pencil, because I can erase it after all of this is over.  Then, I will have to throw a snowball at my mom and dad.  They will really hate it, and since we are really poor we don't have thick clothes like other people.  So they will be cold, not think it's fun.  I don't want to do it, but without that coal we will die it's so cold.  The freeze might last until summer.  So I went outside, and the kids with plenty of coal where having fun building snowmen.  So, sadly I walked over and kicked the snowman to knock it over.  It accidentally fell on them.  They got super mad, and I felt bad, but how else was I suppose to get coal, it's not like they were going to give me theirs?  Then I dumped snow all in Momma and Daddy's bed.  When they sat down to go to sleep it was part snow and part water.  It made them miserable, I was so sad.

Finally, finally, Santa dropped off a list that sad you are now on the naughty list.  I was so happy, I decided to go to bed early.  So I decided to go to bed early, because if I did anything else to help my parents I might get back on the nice list.  So I went to bed so I didn't do anything else good or bad.  That night I got woke up, as there was a big hole in my ceiling.  A big clump of snow feel on me.  So I woke up and snuck into the living room.  I hid so Santa wouldn't know I was here.  I watched as he put a whole bunch of coal in my stocking.  (The stocking that was actually just one of my socks.)  I was so happy, but I didn't make a sound.  Then something strange happened, he put presents under my tree.  Then my curiosity just got the best of me.  I walked out from behind the door, and asked Santa, "Why did you put presents under the tree.  I thought I got on the naughty list?"

Santa said, "You wanted to be on the naughty list, so you and your family wouldn't freeze.  You didn't want to do any of the things you did.  The people on the naughty list go on there because they meant to be naughty or because they were whiny and complainy not thinking of others."  Then he told me bye.  Touched his nose, and flew up the chimney.  I heard him walk across the ceiling, heard the reindeer prancing, and saw him fly away.  I woke up my cold and shivering parents to show them all the coal and they were happy too.  We made a big roaring fire, and slept next to it all night.


You May Also Like

0 random thoughts