The Guest Room

by - 1:40 PM


Now, that we are starting to think about setting up Kate's crib in the guest room, I realized, that we never posted pictures of the guest room.  It's been done since the end of January.  My parents came down there for Ruth's baptism.  And we were blessed to have a homeschool family from PA stay over night with us one night, while they were doing their vacation at Disney in February.  We've also had Mom and Dad here a few times, when they were bringing the kids back or watching them here for us during a doctor's appointment.

Before
After
We are thinking about putting the crib where the chester drawers are currently sitting.  I have just enough room to put the drawers in the closet.  The space is just right for that.  It may make the space between the foot of the bed and the crib a little narrow for walk space.  And of course we aren't sure at when we will move her out of the cradle in our room, and into the crib, or how long she will stay in there.  But I think this space works well for company, and Kate.  I have at least already washed up the baby clothes, and put them away in the dresser, which will double as a changing table.



For this room we went with a sage green color from the same color palette as the other colors in the house.  I like green, it's calm and soothing.  We also repainted the wrought iron bed white.  It's not in great shape, and if we end up keeping it long term, it really needs a little work done on it.   We did take the wore out 15+ year old mattress off and give it to Britt, because he can't tell the difference.  And we put the good Tempurpedic mattress on this bed with my old box springs.  I knew I wanted to put the chair that we got from Bro. Chris and Sis. Lydia in this room.  Plus, when we found out we were having a girl I thought we might go with green and pink colors, since they are popular right now.  So I just put the girls pink sheets back on the bed.  Of course I ended up going with bedding that was more coral than pink but with the greens and turquoise in it.  The only thing about this room, that I'm not sure I'm satisfied about, is that it's a bit eclectic for me.  The shelf holds all those things that Gary and I don't really know what to do with, but don't want to get rid of either.  Mostly from college but some other knick knacks too.

After
Before














Because this room originally was the Master bedroom, before the old carport was converted into what is our bedroom and bath, there is also a vanity, with a small walk in closet to the left and a bathroom to the right.  The closet is home to alot of storage items that we want to be able to get to, but don't need on a daily basis, but things that shouldn't go out in the shed either.  Which is another reason that this space is so good for company.

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts