A Beautiful Fall Day

by - 3:53 PM


This afternoon coming home from co-op, I thought it was an especially beautiful day.  After three and half days of straight rain, it was nice to have some sunshine.  After a busy day I was enjoying the drive knowing at the end of it, everyone was going to be taking a nap, and I might even get one.  As I pulled in the driveway, with the afternoon sun making me sleepy, I saw that I had at least one very industrious neighbor taking advantage of the weather.  Our neighbor across the road was bringing in corn.  I always enjoy stopping to watch our Amish neighbors working with their mules or draft horses, and we always wave as a buggy or wagon passes by.  I wonder if after we have been here 20 years if I enjoy watching them plant and harvest any less.




You May Also Like

0 random thoughts