God Has Not Promised

by - 10:46 PM

*Before you assume what this post is about. I'm still very much in love with Gary, and wouldn't give up married life for anything.*

We have been truely blessed this weekend with a few marvelous sermons by Brother Charles Kitchens. It was also quite in credible for me to be able to visit with some folks from back home. We spent several hours over at the Ulmer's place fellowshiping, but also eating. Some of you may know that I have been having some trouble adjusting to being so far from home, family, and everything I know. Little things have been a huge ordeal, even involving some tears. I try not to complain and be a burden on Gary, the Lord knows he has enough to deal with at work without me adding to it. I should be a helpmeet not a burden. It's hard to do simple task: go grocery shopping and find the few items I need quickly, get around the Walmart, I go to town and get lost and can't get home. The biggest thing that hits home on nights like this is how few and far between home visits will be. Every fourth Sunday I would be up and on the road about 8 or 8:30 winding my way through the beautiful Tennessee Valley on the way to I-65. I would follow it down to the Jasper exit and drive Alabama highway 69 through the hills. Every morning I would roll up to find all the young folks just a waving, and I knew I was home. I suppose I'm a bit bittersweet tonight, just thinking on all of this on the way home in the dark down a toll road with almost no one else on it. I'm happy to be married, but sad to be leaving all I know behind, but even here Little Union Church all the brothers and sisters have been such a blessing. Even in Florida far from home, the Lord can still see me, reach me, and bless me. It reminds me of a song...

God has not promised skies always blue,
Flower strewn pathways
All our lives thru,
God has not promised sun without rain,
Peace without sorrow, joy without pain.

But God has promised strength as our day,
Rest when we labor,
Light on the way,
Grace for our trials help from above,
Unfading kindness, undying love.

Tho' we have mingled sunshine and rain,
Clouds decked with rainbows,
Joy mixed with pain,
Let us still trust his mercies right on
And sing His praises all the day long.

You May Also Like

3 random thoughts