THANKSGIVING!

by - 1:34 PM


Alright so much to catch up on. I guess we can start with the greatest Thanksgiving to date. I love the Mallard side of the family. We've gotten spread out but we are pretty much based in Tennessee, so each year as much of the family as possible treks back home to Grandma's. There are lots of traditions. Some of them we don't always do anymore. Daddy always use to smoke a turkey. Mother makes the best pumpkin pie. Aunt Cindy has the cookies that we fight over like no tomorrow at every family gathering. She cooked 200 this year, and none were left.


We use to always play football, and back in the day I was the world's greatest backyard runningback. One time I had four guy cousins and a brother on me and still drug half way across the yard for the touchdown. We have a family tradition of Balderdash, a game that you really should play if you never have. The game has like five tokens, so we have at least 8 playing so change, pen caps, assorted kitchen utensils and the like all end up on the board. We use to always play monopoly and four way battleship.



My family is musical, there are four or five of us who play guitar, some banjo people, a mandalin player, and some pianoist. Of course those of us who don't play can always sing. Then there are the embarrassing stories that you hear each and every year. Stories of Benjamin are the best (my youngest brother), but there are some great ones about the trouble that my dad got into growing up, and of his grandfather, Daddy Elwin.

This year we ate with Aunt Cindy's in-laws, then went back to Grandma's for games and desert and general craziness. We ran around on the farm, in the woods, here are some pictures of us throwing sticks in the pond for Oakley; me with my youngest cousin, Prestin who is 9; and Matthew. It was great everyone made it in except Chris from the cousins and one of Daddy's sisters from Lousianna and her husband. The best part of Thanksgiving weekend. A certain friend drove up 750 miles from Florida to see me and meet the family. :)

You May Also Like

1 random thoughts