3 Months with Kate

by - 10:57 PM

Sweet Katherine,

I just put you down for the night.  Today marks your 3 month birthday. The past month has flown.  You took you first major road trip.  We went to Cool Springs in GA for their annual meeting, continued up to Alabama to let you meet all the family, and then traveled to Arkansas for the Rich Mountain Association.  After that we met back up with Grumps and Ahna in Tennessee to view the eclipse.  For the most part you were a great traveler.  You slept alot, and made a few long stretches that helped us to get down the road.  We had one stretch in Tennessee where you cried about 20 minutes strait or so, but I had told your Daddy that you weren't done eating after we got gas.

In the last month you have found your voice.  You aren't very talkative or very loud, until someone turns you around and talks to you.  You'll lay there looking up at my face with big eyes, and after I talk to you, and pause, then you will happily answer and smile.  We take turns talking you and I.  You seem to listen so intently, and it tickles me to watch you try to move your tongue to copy the shapes and sounds I make.  We haven't yet heard you laugh, but I do love your little voice.


This month you have also begun to roll over.  While in Alabama, each morning you were in the floor, Ahna and I would watch.  She was hoping to see a first, since she's not had the opportunity with the others.  And one day, while we stepped out for just a minute to move the cars, you rolled over.  No joke, it was like the second we walked out of the door.  Britt came running out to tell me that you had rolled over.  We haven't seen it since.  Then today, you were laying in the floor again, and I stepped away for about 3 minutes, just long enough to run Rebecca some water to wash dishes.  When all of a sudden Ruth hollers, "She's rolled over Momma!" and sure enough, there you were laying on your stomach again.  Of course you would repeat it for me, you rotten thing.


One other surprise today, was finding a tooth.  I suspected on Monday that I might be feeling one, but I wasn't sure.  In fact, I about talked myself out of it, because who ever heard of a 3 month old cutting a tooth.  But Unca Benji looked it up, and sure enough it's possible.  Daddy confirmed tonight that he felt it too.  It's not through the gum yet, but it's in enough to be sure that it's there.  I wish you'd have waited.  I love the gummy smile, with no teeth.  So, I'm putting in a request stop working on teeth.  That one can just sit there like that a few months ok?











I packed up most of the 0-3 things, just leaving out a few dresses.  You are too long to fasten them.  Of course some of the 0-3 shorts and skirts are still practically falling off of you.  You are all length, but you still love to ball up to cuddle with me.  You also like to ball up on your side to sleep.  We managed to get you to sleep in a pack in play the entire time we were gone.  Before we left, most nights I was having to get you to sleep in the swinger then move you.  We will probably move you to your crib in the next week or so.  I told Gary I kinda hate to move you, since you may be the last baby.  I got ridiculously tear eyed about it, even though I haven't been that way with any of your siblings.  But if you really are going to be rolling over, I really can't keep you in the cradle much longer.


You are still a good sleeper, going somewhere between 6 to 8 hours almost very night.  Occasionally when we were on the road, you'd sleep your long stretch during the day, and be up to eat at night.  But you have been a great sleeper.  You still go back to sleep in the morning after you eat, and you are taking two naps one around lunch time, and one late in the afternoon.

You still aren't a fan of laying on your stomach, but you are getting better about it.  You don't seem to mind to much to be on your back.  You have started paying more attention to the toys that your siblings dangle in front of you and smile and watch them when they "play with you."  They all adore you.  And want to do things for you.  Britt is aggravated when I tell him not to pick you up or carry you around.  He's only done it a few times, but insists that he is able to.  Ruth doesn't seem to mind to change your diapers, and she is good to help you with your pacifier in the car.  Rebecca just likes to throw away diapers, get right in your face to talk to you, and play with your toys while telling me "Kate likes me to play with her toys so she can watch."

My little rainbow, you bring us great joy, and each day we thank God for you.  We love you!

Momma

You May Also Like

0 random thoughts